Bot Disconnecting from Chat

PhantomBot Version:
OS Version: Mac os x
Java Version:
Browser and Version (for Panel Support): chrome
Stock PhantomBot: Yes

Let us know what help you need:
I am not sure why, but the bot seems to disconnect itself. I will run terminal and connect it, open the dashboard/control panel, and everything works great. However, when I close my laptop for a few minutes or close the control panel, the bot leaves my chat. Do I have to connect the chat bot to my channel every time I want to use it, or is there a way to connect it and leave it on all the time even when I close my browser and the control panel? Thanks!

If a feature is not working, please provide console output, output from chat, logs, some sort of additional information to help us troubleshoot and provide assistance as needed:

If you turn off your laptop the bot will shut off, PhantomBot doesn’t run in the cloud like other hosted bot, PhantomBot is completely self hosted, so when you want it in your chat you need to have it running. You could run it on a server if you want it on 24/7.

Hey there, I completely recommend Amphetamine on the Mac App Store, it’s a free app and the program will bypass your MacBook’s energy settings and will keep your computer running, even if you shut the lid. Give it a try!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.