Bot receiving messages but cannot send them properly

PhantomBot Version: 2.3.9
OS Version: Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.9.36-x86_64-linode85 x86_64)
Java Version: 1.8.0_131
Browser and Version (for Panel Support):
Stock PhantomBot: Yes/No (Yes if you have not modified the scripts or Java Core)

Let us know what help you need:
Hi, I’ve set up the bot for use in group chat room and the bot used to work perfectly fine for the last 2 months.
For the last couple of days the bot can only receive messages but not send them.
Once the problem started to appear we’ve upgraded from 2.3.8 to 2.3.9 but it remained.
Pressing the “Reload” button in the panel solves the problem for the next 2-3 commands (and then it returns).
The chat appears properly in the log/chat/.txt file and even the bot’s answers to commands are there but can’t be seen in chat.
No errors in the error/
or core-error/* logs.

If a feature is not working, please provide console output, output from chat, logs, some sort of additional information to help us troubleshoot and provide assistance as needed:
None sadly :frowning:

ok to all the people who use this bot for group chats.

the group chats are FUBAR, and the bot think that the mods of the chat are not mods anymore, and thus stops itself (USERSTATE in the IRC protocol)

Twitch might’ve changed something, as they constantly do, PubSub has been half broken for months now and they are aware.

yeah, you don’t see the mod symbol in the group chat also.

to be honest, what we in the group chat community are the most afraid of, is that they will just remove the group chat with the new twitch beta thingy, to avoid fixing them.

I wouldn’t be surprised about that happening, it’s something that they won’t have to maintain all the time. I don’t think many people use it as much anymore.

I think they have insane potential, its just that twitch gave up on them for no reason whatsoever.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.