CentOS Service Setup Fails

Hi,

PhantomBot Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: CentOs 7 (Vultr.com VPS)
Java Version: (as per your Youtube link)
Stock PhantomBot: Yes

I have followed your instructions to set up s service as per your docs. However, it fails as follows…

sudo systemctl status phantombot

phantombot.service - PhantomBot
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/phantombot.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2017-08-27 19:59:30 UTC; 5s ago
  Process: 1974 ExecStart=/home/NJPhotoBot/PhantomBot/launch-service.sh (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
 Main PID: 1974 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

Aug 27 19:59:30 njpswitch systemd[1]: phantombot.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=203/EXEC
Aug 27 19:59:30 njpswitch systemd[1]: Unit phantombot.service entered failed state.
Aug 27 19:59:30 njpswitch systemd[1]: phantombot.service failed.

All files are correct as far as I can see.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Neil

Hey, did you follow this guide CentOS 7 Setup Guide, or one on YouTube? To my knowledge we do not have an official one on YouTube.

Hi @ScaniaTV

I followed your CentOS 7 Setup Guide on here. The copy/paste setup doc.

Neil

Alright, this error can either be two things, a permission error, or a file that isn’t executable. Follow the steps I will give and that should resolve the issue.

1. Login into your server as with the account you made for the bot, do not use your root account.
  2. Navigate to the bot’s directory.
  3. Use the following command to make the launch script executable. chmod u+x launch-service.sh launch.sh
  4. Try launching the bot again.

If that doesn’t work, go back to your to your bot’s directory and use the following command. Just make sure the path matches the one you placed the bot in. You can get the current directory you’re in by using pwd. This is the command sudo chown -R botuser:botuser /home/botuser/phantombot. Be sure botuser is the account you create earlier in the setup guide.

Phantombot stop loading after it says my bot is ready

This sounds vaguely familiar to this post:

Hi @ScaniaTV

Thanks so much. I needed to do the chown procedure. It worked!

Many thanks!

Neil

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.