Command setup help needed

PhantomBot Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Centos 7
Java Version: 1.8
Browser and Version (for Panel Support): Chrome
Stock PhantomBot: Yes

Let us know what help you need: I used to use Nightbot and had these commands here:
!wins
!tournament

To edit these command i used !editwins and !edittournament. Then i could just do !editwins 1 and the wins command would change to “… has 1 win today!”, same with tournament but then with a link. I want to set this up in Phantombot aswell but can figure out how…

Every tip would be nice, thanks already :)!

The only way to do this would be to use the (readfile) and (writetofile) command tags.

!addcom !command I won (readfile wins.txt) today!

!addcom !setcommand Wins set to (1)! (writefile wins.txt, false, (1))

Do i need to create wins.txt for that and where do i need to put that .txt file?

The bot only reads files from the addons folder. You can create it if you want or it might throw an error that the file is missing.

Create a file wins.txt in addons but got this in the twitch chat

Sorry for the nightbot, gonna delete him after this works :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry that’s by bad. Change writetofile to writefile.

!addcom !setcommand Wins set to (1)! (writefile wins.txt, false, (1))

Thanks for helping me out :slight_smile:! Works fine now, only need to fix my VPS now. For some reason it keeps shutting down Phantonbot…

By shutting down, do you mean it stops responding to commands after the chat is inactive for a few minutes?

Well, yes. And the webpanel doesnt restarts. And in the panel it says its reconnecting. When i start Putty and login i see that the status of phantombot is Activating. Is that normal that it stops when stream isnt live? And goes back on when stream is?

That’s something to do with your hosting provider. Please read this topic on how to solve this: Bot Becoming Unresponsive

Thanks again, you rock :)!

Do you also know how to make this in Phantombot:

Read Command Variables for subscriber counts.

Go to https://phantombot.tv/commands/ and search for ‘cooldown’

You may also look over the Control Panel, look at the Commands > Cooldown tab.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.