Customizing Default !shoutout command

commands
javascript
phantombot

PhantomBot Version: 3.0.0 (Revision: fcc08b51)
OS Version: Windows 10 10.0 (x86)
Java Version: 1.8.0_171-b11
Browser and Version (for Panel Support): Chrome Version 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Stock PhantomBot: Yes

Wanting to change the default !shoutout command message to something a little more personalized. Searched the forum and there was only one instance of help for this for an older version, which it seems no longer is applicable. How can I modify the script in order to make a more custom message? (also this is my first forum post asking for help so if I’m doing this wrong, please let me know so I can correct myself for future posts.) Thanks in advance!

0 Likes

In the Control Panel. Select Settings from the left menu bar. Select Localization under that once expanded. Click Edit File. Select handlers/handlers-followHandler.js. Scroll and look for followhandler.shoutout.no.game, followhandler.shoutout.offline, and followhandler.shoutout.online. Edit those lines.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I thought I had to go through and look at the JavaScript file and modify it through NotePad or something but this is much easier! I really appreciate the help!

1 Like

This is new to 3.0.0 and the redesigned Control Panel. Glad you find the improvement useful!

1 Like

Definitely! I had 2.4.2 and used the Beta Control Panel so when you guys made it official, I was amazed with all of the further improvements. Seriously keep up the fantastic work!

0 Likes