Giveaways Keep Erasing Themselves

phantombot

PhantomBot Version: 2.4.2
OS Version: Windows 7 6.4
Java Version: 1.8.0_141-b15
Stock PhantomBot: Yes

Hi there! I’m trying to run a giveaway over the course of this month. I did a bit of testing to make sure I could close the bot and reopen it without losing the giveaway info. Yesterday, I had one of my mods enter the giveaway, I confirmed via the panel that she had entered, I closed everything and reopened it, and it still had the info saved. I shut my computer down after a number of hours, and restarted it this morning to stream.

I just realized that I have left the bot open all day, and it hasn’t been posting about the giveaway, which it was set to do every hour as per the giveaway settings. I checked the panel, and no one is listed as having entered, the keyword and luck settings are all reset, and the button at the bottom says Open instead of Close, which seems to mean there is no giveaway running. Not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance!

If you shut down your computer, your bot isn’t running anymore. You need to run it on a server to have it 24/7

I get that the bot has to be running for people to enter and for the bot to post about the giveaway, but as I said, I tested closing and reopening the bot and it had saved the settings and hadn’t closed the giveaway. I don’t see why it should behave differently now.

Phantombot doesn’t store giveaway options in the database, it’s all in memory since its way faster than saving to a drive, so when you close phantombot all is lost. You can search for more in depth topics for this.

Would be nice to have it keep a record so for example if you run regular giveaways the bot can exclude a winner from winning again for x amount of time

Like !raffle togglerepicks ?

I missed that one and fits the given example :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.