Having trouble setting up on Ubuntu

PhantomBot Version: v2.4.1
OS Version: Ubuntu 16.04 (AWS)
Java Version: openjdk-8-jdk-headless
Browser and Version (for Panel Support): Chrome 66.0.3359.181
Stock PhantomBot: Yes/No (Yes if you have not modified the scripts or Java Core) Yes

Let us know what help you need:

I am trying to follow this guide to setup PhantomBot on my Ubuntu 16.04 AWS instance Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Setup Guide.

I get to step 4 (Installing PhantomBot) and recieve the following error when trying to install wget:
sudo apt-get install wget
[sudo] password for botuser:
botuser is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported

I can see that it is a security issue and considered just install wget as root, but figured the guide has probably done it this way intentionally so thought it would be best to check here.

If a feature is not working, please provide console output, output from chat, logs, some sort of additional information to help us troubleshoot and provide assistance as needed:

You will have to login as root on your server, and type the following:

usermod -aG sudo botuser and then press enter.

Wouldn’t this create a security concern giving the bot root privilege? I am going off the guide saying:

NEVER run this type of applications as root or root-user! Provide only necessary privileges to keep your server secure!

If not I will just do that.

Cheers,
Chop.

Some things require root to be ran, same when you install an application on windows and it requires admin permissions. It also doesn’t give the bot root permission, as long as you don’t launch it with Sudo. But some other things require root to setup.