How to import youtube songs without the url?

playlist
youtube

PhantomBot Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Java Version: Version 8 update 61
Browser and Version: Google Chrome, Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Stock PhantomBot: Yes

Let us know what help you need:

Hi, if you look at the 3rd picture below in this link, YouTube Player Documentation, it looks like you can type something into notepad like, “Barcode Brothers - Flute” instead of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05Pam-4rbMI.

I registered my Youtube API key according to Acquire YouTube API Key. I get this message and this message only when I try to import a notepad file with only words and not URLs:

Import Complete! Successfully imported 0 songs and failed to import 3 songs from epic.txt to playlist epic

So, is it possible to import epic.txt files without the url? It seems a bit cumbersome to manually copy and paste every youtube link into the phantombot playlist file.

Also, what does registering your youtube API key let you do in phantombot?

If a feature is not working, please provide console output, output from chat, logs, some sort of additional information to help us troubleshoot and provide assistance as needed:

You can use something like this or any third party tool that’ll generate urls based off a playlist ID into a txt file.

Once you have your file, throw it into the addons/ytplayer folder, import it via !playlist importpl file playlistname filename.txt, and then follow the YouTube player documentation.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.