This guide will assist you in understanding how to modify the language files in PhantomBot to customize your version.
- You will need a text editor. Do not use the Windows notepad, especially if you’re translating to a lang that has special characters. Use Notepad++.
- Make sure you turn off the bot.
- Open your scripts folder, and then open lang. You will be in this directory “PhantomBot\scripts\lang”.
- Then open the English lang folder and copy all the lang files in that folder to the
- Then you will need to open all of the .JS scripts with notepad++ and translate it to the language you want.
$.lang.register('chatmoderator.link.filter.enabled', 'link filter has been enabled.');
You would just need to edit the part after the comma. “link filter has been enabled.”. DO not edit the first part. “chatmoderator.link.filter.enabled” or it will cause issues.
- Once you have the files all edited save them and boot the bot up.
- Once the bot is up type “!lang [the name of language you changed the folder to]”.
- And you’re done, the bot should be fully translated!
- Once you update PhantomBot copy the custom lang folder to the new bot folder and if any lang is missing from a update it will not give you a error it will just take the one that is English, then you can translate that line and put it in your custom lang folder.