IPv6 Problem

I´m running Phantombot 2.4.2 and on my vserver the bot is always listening under TCP6 so i can not reach my controlpanel. Always getting a timeout because the browser is only checking IPv4 Address

Now i have seen in nightly there is the feature of addIP but if i type in there my IPv4 adress it´s still listening on TCP6 interface.

How get i Phantombot working on a IPv4 / IPv6 machine. Thanks for helping.

PhantomBot Version: 2.4.2
OS Version: Debian 9.6
Java Version: openjdk version “1.8.0_181”
Browser and Version (for Panel Support):
Stock PhantomBot: Yes

Please fill out the information that was requested when you made this topic. We need it to provide support, thank you.

Now i have filled out all informations:

PhantomBot Version: 2.4.2
OS Version: Debian 9.6
Java Version: openjdk version “1.8.0_181”
Browser and Version (for Panel Support):
Stock PhantomBot: Yes

Who is your hosting provider? We have many users who uses various hosting providers, with boxes that have both ipv4 and ipv6 addresses (pretty much every box out there are this point) without issues.

This is most likely an issue with the configuration of your server, or your host.

No it seems for me it´s a issue with phantombot, with appache i can say listen on that ipv4 interfaces and all is good.

You don’t need to specify to PhantomBot which address to listen on, it listens to ipv4 by default and other behavior would be handled by the hosting server. If everything is being routed to ipv6 by default then the issue is most likely with your hosting provider or configuration of your server. Certain hosting providers that are designed as “web hosts” for websites are known to have issues. That is why I inquired what provider you’re using.

We’re going to need more detailed information about how you’re hosting the bot to point you in the right direction towards resolving your issues.

It´s a vServer with root permissions, and i have tcp4 and tcp6 protocoll and phantombot is always listening to tcp6 only.

Perhaps this would help.

By default Java (and our code) binds itself to the default IP which, more than likely, is an IPv6 address in your instance.