Just Used the Phantombot last night and now it will not connect

For some reason it wont allow me to connect to the local host and the bot will not connect when I launch it.

We need the stuff at the bottom of this post, however, do you have the launch.bat running? You will need it to be running for the bot to be operational.

PhantomBot Version: 
OS Version:
Java Version:
Browser and Version (for Panel Support):
Stock PhantomBot: Yes/No (Yes if you have not modified the scripts or Java Core)

Any images you could supply would also help.

This is what I get after I click the launch windows batch file (It doesnt work when I run it as an Admin either)

PhantomBot Version: Most recent verison (safe verison)
OS Version: Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)
Java Version: Version 8 update 151
Browser and Version (for Panel Support): Google Chrome
Stock PhantomBot: Yes/No (Yes if you have not modified the scripts or Java Core) Yes

Like it says above, failed to login to Twitch, check OAUTH password.

Your OAUTH password is not valid. You might need to regenerate it. Ensure that you are logged into Twitch as the BOT account and get a new OAUTH from https://twitchapps.com/tmi

Update the OAUTH that you have in botlogin.txt on the oauth= line with the OAUTH provided.

Do I need to do this everytime? I reconnect the bot?

No, the OAUTH is to be valid for an unlimited period of time as I understand it.

So why do I need to update it now? Sorry for all the questions

No idea, file corrupted, it never really logged in the first time, not sure. I’ve had my OAUTH for months, if not years across multiple accounts.

So would it be better for me to just reinstall? Because the run program just exits after I get that message

Either that or go edit the botlogin.txt with a new OAUTH.

For reference, here’s the windows setup guide:

And here is the botlogin.txt settings info (in case you want to edit it):

https://community.phantombot.tv/t/settings-for-botlogin-txt/78

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.