Linking to discord

I’m having some issues with Discord integration.

I’m running the latest version of PB, I have verified I have the correct bot token inputted. I have also restarted my bot using sudo systemctl restart phantombot

For some reason the only discord command that works is !account link

After linking !account does not display any results.
Custom commands do not work
and Stream handler doesn’t work (the one that displays a message when I go live).

I went over the doc regarding discord linking and did not see any other insight besides what I’ve already done.

Any input is appreciated.

Sometimes it helps to copy/paste the token because some I & L look the same like I l.
Did u authorize ur bot and get the window “authorized”?

I’ve always copy pasted the token in, those are way too long to type in.

And I’m not sure what authorized you’re referring to.

The bot itself works fine as it acts as my discord bot. The only issue is the phantombot end.

Have u look in the core error log?
Is there something with discord?

So, first things first, when you start the bot, does this message appear?:

[10-19-2017 @ 08:26:13.568 MST] Successfully authenticated with Discord.

If so, the next step is:

Is the module enabled (should be by default)?

Hey there! All Discord modules are disabled by default. To enable them, type !module list in Discord, followed by !module enable to enable said module. Hope this helps!

Hey, please include your bot version and the other information we ask for when creating a support topic.

PhantomBot Version: 
OS Version:
Java Version:
Browser and Version (for Panel Support):
Stock PhantomBot: Yes/No (Yes if you have not modified the scripts or Java Core)

Hi guys,

sorry for the super late reply, I posted this right before I went out of town for Twitchcon and Blizzcon.

It does authenticate with discord, and the module is enabled.

!module list does not display anything in a Discord channel.

PhantomBot Version: (Revision: 334e6502)
Java: java version "1.8.0_151"
Browser: Chrome Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Stock: Yes

The twitch portion works just fine.

Can you go to and regenerate your Discord token to see if that helps, once done replace the old one in your botlogin after the discord_token= key with the new one.

Here are the steps I took.

I stopped the bot via sudo /bin/systemctl stop phantombot

changed the token in botlogin.txt

started the bot with sudo /bin/systemctl start phantombot

ensured Discord modules are loaded. Typed !module list as well as one of my custom commands in discord and nothing happened.

Is there anything else I can try?

Are you running Windows 10 or a version of Linux? I haven’t used the Linux Subsystem for Windows enough to know if systemctl is part of that. I notice you said you are using Windows 10 above, but it looks like Linux based on commands ran?

Let me assume you are running a flavor of Linux.

Run journalctl -f while the bot is running. Run the command in the Discord chat. I want to see if the command is even being captured by the bot. Sample:

Nov 15 00:11:49 myhost[26917]: [11-15-2017 @ 00:11:49.116 MST] [DISCORD] [#bottest] illusionaryone: !module list
Nov 15 00:11:49 myhost[26917]: [11-15-2017 @ 00:11:49.117 MST] [DISCORD] [#bottest] [CHAT] <@114786543234711561>, Discord Module list:
Nov 15 00:11:49 myhost[26917]: ./discord/handlers/streamlabsHandler.js [disabled]

I don’t really care about the reply, I just want to see if your bot is even reading a channel from Discord.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.