No "per User" Cooldown, if !roll is successful

commands
cooldown

Hey Phantombot-Community,

i’m using the !roll command and set a “per user” cooldown.
Now i want to re-configure the command.
If a user gets “doublets” like “6 and 6” or “4 and 4” the cooldown should be ignored so user could !roll once again.

Is it possible to biuld such a rule.
If theres a chance to control a cooldown behavior directly in the roll.js i would delete the actual cooldown-rule.

Greetings and thanks for your help
Spliddorama

0 Likes

The script would have to be modified to have specialized cooldown behavior. The cooldown logic is meant as a generic driver for any command. For example, the !adventure command has a specialized cooldown handler, although not on a user by user basis.

0 Likes

Every user should have an own cooldown like a non-global cooldown-rule.
But if a user !roll a doublet the personal user cooldown from this !roll should be ignored so that this specific user can !roll again.

All other users should keep their own personal cooldown.

What i want is something like „nice doublets! Roll the dice again“ like on Monopoly for example.

I take a look to the adventure.js

0 Likes

keep in mind that it would also need to be added to the isSpecial() function in PhantomBot\scripts\core\commandCoolDown.js

0 Likes

I’m not able to solve it.
Is ist possible to set the Cooldown for the user/sender in file (roll.js)?
If someone rolls no doublets i add a line which sets the cooldown. Otherwise there is no cooldown and no rule!?

0 Likes

Then, let us make this easier, I set a per-user cooldown for !roll; note that when I rolled doubles that I could run it without a problem, when I didn’t roll doubles, the cooldown hit:

[04-10-2019 @ 22:35:27.635 MDT] illusionaryone: !roll
[04-10-2019 @ 22:35:27.640 MDT] [MUTED] Pleeb IllusionaryOne rolls a [2] and [2]. Hard four for 16 bits! GOOOOOOOAAAAAL!!
[04-10-2019 @ 22:35:30.558 MDT] illusionaryone: !roll
[04-10-2019 @ 22:35:30.563 MDT] [MUTED] Pleeb IllusionaryOne rolls a [6] and [6]. Boxcars to the max!!! 144 bits! The way to success is always difficult, but you still manage to get yourself on top and be honored.
[04-10-2019 @ 22:35:34.245 MDT] illusionaryone: !roll
[04-10-2019 @ 22:35:34.248 MDT] [MUTED] Pleeb IllusionaryOne rolls a [1] and [3]. L-O-S-E-R...
[04-10-2019 @ 22:35:37.446 MDT] illusionaryone: !roll
[04-10-2019 @ 22:35:37.448 MDT] [MUTED] @IllusionaryOne, command !roll is still on cooldown. (1 seconds)

This is the code change in roll.js, you need to add one line of code that is noted below.

if (dice1 == dice2) {
                loadPrizes();
                switch (dice1) {
                    case 1:
                        resultMessage += $.lang.get('roll.doubleone', $.getPointsString(prizes[dice1 - 1]));
                        break;
                    case 2:
                        resultMessage += $.lang.get('roll.doubletwo', $.getPointsString(prizes[dice1 - 1]));
                        break;
                    case 3:
                        resultMessage += $.lang.get('roll.doublethree', $.getPointsString(prizes[dice1 - 1]));
                        break;
                    case 4:
                        resultMessage += $.lang.get('roll.doublefour', $.getPointsString(prizes[dice1 - 1]));
                        break;
                    case 5:
                        resultMessage += $.lang.get('roll.doublefive', $.getPointsString(prizes[dice1 - 1]));
                        break;
                    case 6:
                        resultMessage += $.lang.get('roll.doublesix', $.getPointsString(prizes[dice1 - 1]));
                        break;
                }

$.say(resultMessage + $.gameMessages.getWin(sender, 'roll'));
                $.inidb.incr('points', sender, prizes[dice1 - 1]);
                $.coolDown.set('roll', true, 0, $.isMod(sender), sender);  // This is the new code, reset the cooldown to 0 seconds, effectively removing it.
            } else {
                $.say(resultMessage + $.gameMessages.getLose(sender, 'roll'));
            }

The following is optional, just a suggestion to make upgrading PhantomBot easier so you only have to deal with the the custom scripts directory.

You may decide to take a copy of roll.js and place into the scripts/custom folder and make another modification:

$.bind('initReady', function() {
        $.registerChatCommand('./custom/roll.js', 'roll');
        $.registerChatSubcommand('roll', 'rewards', 1);
    });

You would then decide to just remove scripts/games/roll.js and restart PhantomBot.

You would then decide that when you install a new version of PhantomBot to remove that script again and bring over your scripts/custom directory too so you don’t lose it. Up to you.

0 Likes