Phantombot skipping commands and songs randomly

Hey everyone,

for quite some time now, my phantombot is causing me troubles. I waited to see if the newest version would solve them but unfortunately, nothing changed.

I have two problems.

1. Phantombot is randomly skipping commands posted in the chat.
    As far as I know, it can happen to any command someone writes in the chat. Most notably happening with the songrequest, as this is my most used command. It almost always works, when I copy the text and post it but even then, I had it not realizing it. People get frustrated, as this happens frequently, sometimes up to 3 out of 5 songrequests don’t get recognized. I have the window with the songrequests always open, so I see, when it actually adds a song. It does not provide the “your song has been added”, nore does it provide any error messages like wrong URL. Simply, nothing happens.

2. Phantombot randomly skipps songs.
    I already searched the forums for it and made sure to only include links that actually work in my country. Sometimes on the same day, at one point the song from my playlist gets skipped and later plays just fine. It’s mostly skipping multiple songs in a row.

For both things, I have no clue, why it happens. I looked into CPU, RAM, and other hardware usage, but it doesn’t seem to be linked, as it happens when hardware is on it’s limits or just having a chill day…

I hope someone can help me with these.

Best,
Vegepink

Java Version: 1.8.0_171-b11
OS Version: Windows 10 10.0 (amd64)
Panel Version: 1.1
PhantomBot Version: 2.4.1 (Revision: 6a2fb20d)
Browser and Version: Google Chrome Version 67.0.3396.62 (Official build) (64-Bit)
Stock PhantomBot: Yes

Your first issue was fixed in version 2.4.1, so I’m surprised that you’re still facing this issue. Make sure you follow our how to update guide for updating PhantomBot.

As for your second issue, by default all commands have a global cooldown of 5 seconds (this can be more if you changed it). If you want to remove this cooldown, you’ll have to set the cooldown of the songrequest command to 0 seconds.

!coolcom songrequest 0 - this will apply it to any aliases as well.

Thanks Scania! I changed the cooldown and will keep an eye out to see, if my issues are still occuring. :slight_smile: