Phantombot update 2.3.9 problems

PhantomBot Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: linux mint 17
Java Version: "1.8.0_144"
Browser and Version (for Panel Support): chromium
Stock PhantomBot: Yes

I have been streaming wit my current 2.3.8 version for some time and now the update arrived. I copied botlogin.txt and phantombot.db into the new one 2.3.9 file.

I thought the problem was my java but I got help from programmer at linux support place to delete all old javas and installing and updating to the current one i write up there. But I still cannot run the new 2.3.9 on terminal like the current 2.3.8. When I double click the launch.sh it gives me this text:

#!/bin/bash
#
# PhantomBot Launcher - Linux and macOS
#
# Please run the following to launch the bot, the chmod is required only once.
# % chmod +x launch.sh
# % ./launch.sh
#

unset DISPLAY

if [[ $(uname) -eq "Darwin" ]]; then
    SOURCE="${BASH_SOURCE[0]}"
    while [ -h "$SOURCE" ]; do
        DIR="$( cd -P "$( dirname "$SOURCE" )" && pwd )"
        SOURCE="$(readlink "$SOURCE")"
        [[ $SOURCE != /* ]] && SOURCE="$DIR/$SOURCE"
    done
    DIR="$( cd -P "$( dirname "$SOURCE" )" && pwd )"
    cd "$DIR"
else
    cd $(dirname $(readlink -f $0))
fi

if type -p java 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null; then
    _java=java
elif [[ -n "$JAVA_HOME" ]] && [[ -x "$JAVA_HOME/bin/java" ]];  then
    _java="$JAVA_HOME/bin/java"
else
    echo "You don't have Java installed! Download it from https://www.java.com/en/download/"
fi

java -Dinteractive -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -jar PhantomBot.jar ${1}

What to do next to get it to run that 2.3.9 version? Where do I run that command it request me to run?

Did you try running from the Terminal instead and have you chmod’d the script to be an executable? There really shouldn’t have been a reason to uninstall and reinstall Java, if your Java installation was working before, it will continue to work on 2.3.9. The steps to upgrade are basically:

1. Download
  2. Unzip
  3. chmod +x launch.sh
  4. Copy the config/ items from 2.3.8 into the config/ for 2.3.9
  5. Start PhantomBot via ./launch.sh

It sounds like perhaps the launch.sh file is not an executable, and it is just opening it in an editor rather than executing the script.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.