Roulette banning and removing top bitz cheer

PhantomBot Version: 2.3.9
OS Version: Windows 10
Java Version:?
Browser and Version (for Panel Support): chrome 58
Stock PhantomBot: No (Yes if you have not modified the scripts or Java Core)
Any Recent Changes to Your System: No

I had just installed and set up the bot for my first stream using the bot. I have no mods beyond the bots, have no auto mod set or any mod commands turned on.

A big stream supporter of mine had played roulette, she lost and was timed out. Twitch informed her she was banned (which was lifted after the 3minute timeout i had set).Her top cheer bitz donation then disappeared from the top cheer chat box.

Is this normal? I posted in the discord and people kept telling me its not possible (as a QA test lead for 10 years i hear that daily from devs and laugh) but it happened live on twitch . Ive disabled that game from the bot.

Any info on this would be great. Thank you

Hey,

the bot will send a timeout when someone loses at roulette, that’s 100% normal, a ban though, which is permanent should never happen, as mentioned in Discord, the bot doesn’t send any bans by default. I’m not sure how Twitch handles top cheers, but if it got removed after a timeout that might be a Twitch feature. You could ask on Twitter and see if that’s actually a thing.

More about this feature, it’s simulating Russian roulette, which is why the user gets a timeout, it emits a death but in Twitch chat, you can change the length of this timeout, by default it’s 600 seconds. You can do this under the games section of the control panel.

The code for this module can be found here if you want to take a look at it for yourself.

Hope this helps.

The bot doesn’t perform a ban, but the roulette command can time out people and the number of seconds that it times out is based on a configuration that you set via !roulettetimeouttime.

I believe the issue is on Twitch’s side. For example:

chat .timeout illusionaryone 5
[10-12-2017 @ 21:35:53.103 MDT] [CHAT] .timeout illusionaryone 5
9:35 IllusionaryOne: asdf
 You are permanently banned from talking in notillusionaryone.
9:35 IllusionaryOne: wer
9:35 IllusionaryOne: wer
 Your message was not sent because it is identical to the previous one you sent, less than 30 seconds ago.
9:36 IllusionaryOne: erg
9:36 IllusionaryOne: werawer

I was not banned permanently, but, Twitch was telling me that I was. You might want to report that to Twitch. They recently had a bug with PubSubs and perhaps they have another issue going on.

Now, to test roulette and show logs:

9:38 IllusionaryOne: !roulette
9:38 IllusionaryOne: asdf
9:38 IllusionaryOne: 10
9:39 IllusionaryOne: 9
9:39 IllusionaryOne: 5
9:39 IllusionaryOne: 3
9:39 IllusionaryOne: 2
9:39 IllusionaryOne: 1
 Your message was not sent because you are sending messages too quickly.
9:39 IllusionaryOne: there

As you can see, I was “killed” by !roullete, was told by Twitch I was permanently banned, but, after a few seconds, no problem.

As a QA Test Lead for 10 years, I am surprised you didn’t include logs and screenshots, which, as a software engineer for over 20 years, I reject tickets without them with glee and send back. :slight_smile: If you would have reviewed the logs, you could have seen what timeout was provided to Twitch. For example:

[10-12-2017 @ 21:35:39.030 MDT] jtv: illusionaryone has been timed out for 2 seconds.
[10-12-2017 @ 21:35:39.031 MDT] jtv: illusionaryone has been timed out for 2 seconds.
[10-12-2017 @ 21:35:53.174 MDT] jtv: illusionaryone has been timed out for 5 seconds.
[10-12-2017 @ 21:35:53.176 MDT] jtv: illusionaryone has been timed out for 5 seconds.
[10-12-2017 @ 21:38:53.168 MDT] jtv: illusionaryone has been timed out for 10 seconds.
[10-12-2017 @ 21:38:53.170 MDT] jtv: illusionaryone has been timed out for 10 seconds.

Compare to:

chat .ban illusionaryone
[10-12-2017 @ 21:48:36.944 MDT] [CHAT] .ban illusionaryone
[10-12-2017 @ 21:48:37.019 MDT] jtv: illusionaryone is now banned from this room.
[10-12-2017 @ 21:48:37.020 MDT] jtv: illusionaryone is now banned from this room.

Cheers!

I am also not a developer of this bot nor am I familiar enough yet to understand the logs, the background and layout of the bot (it also happened 2 days previous to my posting as I was seeking answers elsewhere). There is no need to be a dick about it. I understand enough how and what the bot was doing.

I am saying, my concern and confusion was that behaviour wasnt listed somewhere about roulette losses will remove the user as top cheerer from your channel and default back to the previous one due to the way twitch works (i did contact them and they informed me as such). As a streamer I do not want this functionality at all so I removed the game entirely. I cant imagine others would want that either.

Not being a dick about it, just taking a friendly jab at your note which I took as a friendly jab:

as a QA test lead for 10 years i hear that daily from devs and laugh

Apologies for the command not behaving in a manner that was expected, it seems like documentation would help for items like this. Not taking a swipe, but, we could use some testers that are willing to help out in testing/documenting features because the developers get pretty tied up in fixing bugs and helping out in the forums.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.