Trouble Getting Bot to Delete Discord Messages

discord

Phantom Bot Version: 2.3.9

Tried using: !moderation cleanup <#channelid> amountoflines
Using “!moderation cleanup channelname amountoflines” resulted in a snowflake error from discord api with the message {“before”: [“snowflake value should be less than or equal to 9223372036854775807.”]} I’m assuming that discord api will only take in the text-channel’s ID which has an upper bound of 9223372036854775807.
Bot responded to @me and say (amountoflines) has been deleted (but nothing happened).

Looked into DiscordUtil to try my luck at making another command to delete the messages.

Typical errors I received were because I did not properly cast an object into the method:
bulkDeleteMessages takes a channel string or channel object, and an array of message objects (not exactly sure how to send a message object to the function).

bulkDelete returned no errors (it already has a method to take care of channel strings and channel objects, the second value inputted into the function was a simple integer).

I’m unsure what getMessageHistory or getMessage returns inside the discordUtil and am curious to see if these might be the roots of the problem.

Last I recall this was an issue with the discord library they use… I think it was fixed in a nightly build.

You might be fine if you Download the nightly (clicking the text will download it)

and extract the libs into your existing bot. (Make a backup of your current libs just in case)

Worse comes to worse you could upgrade to the nightly and use that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.