Hey guys! I made an application a while back that allows users to import a full playlist on YouTube and converts it into a text file that PhantomBot can read. I will port the steps below on how to get it to work on Windows.
- Download the zip folder.
- Extract the file content from the zip folder.
- Launch the application by double-clicking on
- Create your own YouTube API key. Learn more about this here: Acquire YouTube API Key
- Copy your new YouTube API key, and place it in the
API keybox within the application.
- Make sure your YouTube playlist is public, and copy the id which is located after
?list=in the URL into the
Playlist IDbox within the application.
- Click the import button, enter the file name and location you want the playlist to be saved in, and if you followed everything correctly it should import all of your songs.
Just note that PhantomBot only allows 150 songs to be loaded, if you want more, you will have to use your API key with PhantomBot, which you can follow the Acquire YouTube API Key guide. Once you’ve done that, you can just import your playlist into PhantomBot like normal.
To import the song file into PhantomBot, simply copy and paste the txt file generated into the
addons/youtubePlayer folder and run the
!playlist importpl command.
PlaylistImporter.zip (243.0 KB)