I’ve been thinking for a while that there are some features in the YTPlayer that I’d really like to see in order to better control what song plays when. So I guess I’ll try to add them! All these features would be options on the ytplayer page, and they are as follows:
- Interleave Frequency: [float, >=0] Will play a song from the playlist after every n songs from the queue. For example, 2 means every 3rd song will be from pl, 0.5 means 2 songs in every 3 will be from pl
- Song timeout: [int >=0] Number of seconds between consecutive queueings of the same song.
- Queue bumping: [bool] If enabled, when a song is queued, it will be placed between user’s songs who have a greater number of songs remaining in the queue.
I think this should all be fairly easy as it’s mainly (fully?) in youtubePlayer.js. The worst part imo is probably going to be maintaining a separate list of all queued songs over the timeout period.
Other features I’ve been thinking about, and might add later:
- Skip and Punish: Skip the current song and ban/timeout the user who requested it
- Steal and Attribute: Some sort of perma-mention for users who get their songs stolen.
Anyways, those are just some of my thoughts for now. Hopefully I’ll have it up and running in the next few days!