Catch Pokemon Game
@Joeball !pokedex <name> theres no way to view them all
@PhantomIndex Gotcha! thank you again!
Everyone the github has been updated but there are some things you should know before using this.
Due to the script being similar but also very different to waifus I’ve had to convert some functions over constantly as I update everything and becomes quite a hassle. So I decided to just use the actual waifu system and only edit the lang for it.
You should delete your old pokemon scripts and add the new one, otherwise there will be conflicts.
I didn’t test this yet, so I need you all to list any bugs or issues you find with it so I can get it running properly.
I’m not sure if I have the right link or not. The Poke-game (can I call it that?) located here https://github.com/PhantomBot/custom-modules is the right link? It says last updated 2 months ago**. Or should I be using the Waifu files (updated 11 days ago) and just paste them in the poke-named pre-existing folder, replacing the old files?
@SpaceTimePwnda thanks for the heads up, I pushed it just now.
I take it, that it’s not possible to use both pokemon and waifu games since they share the same file names (waifuAttacks, waifuGames, waifuList)?
@SpaceTimePwnda Impossible. I cant keep up with 2 different versions separately.
@PhantomIndex no worries. It was more of a clarity question for me, because I thought I may have done something incorrectly. Thanks.
@PhantomIndex I’ve been getting [error] [init.js:317] (hook.call, command, ./games/waifuGames.js) TypeError: Cannot read property “2” from null. Whenever I use the !catch command. I’ve tried reinstalling the files a few times.
@SpaceTimePwnda Got discord? I want to test this a bit more, I released another update.
Updates are finally done.
Changes compared to old:
- Uses new Db similar to waifu (easier to test and edit)
- Thanks to the new DB you can change the lang to make it digimon or persona or w/e else you’d want it to be.(Do not try this yet, I need to work on a issue with splits on urls and character names to make this work)
- Attacks are now all Pokemon attacks with their own respective types (catching a Pokemon will generate a random type, be interesting to have a fire type squirtle)
- Changes battle messages to match pokemon a little more. You can completely change how battle looks if you want.
- Setting a pokemon in your team will show a (M) for main next to the name on your team
- You can use !candy on any pokemon you own regardless if on team or not.
- Boss will become the next player who defeats it. If you want it to be a legendary pokemon boss again just use !resetboss.
- Added the ability to change a pokemon type if you own it with !attribute
- You can add more types to the lang and it will load it into the attribute list command (requires a reboot)
- Fixed URLs to use the pokedex link and removed the split function that includes the generation in the link. (I need to update this to keep the split function but also not use it under certain conditions.)
- Fully tested and works (make sure to delete your old files of pokemon system)
- More I can’t remember.